10 February 2008

Kid Movies

Yesterday I caught the first hour of the movie Splash on the television. What a hoot. I still giggle when the park ranger first sees Darryl Hannah naked at the Statue of Liberty... "The Statue is a gift from French citizens and has come to symbolize hope for naked women everywhere... BOCCE BALLS." It got me thinking about all those films I remember from being a kid which might not be good at all, but I miss them. There was Big, another Tom Hanks film, and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, which my sister could recite every line of. We also both knew most of Spaceballs. Then there's Gremlins and The Goonies, with the funny Japanese kid and his super gadget trench coat. And of course The Princess Bride, "As you wish," and Willow, "You stupid daikini!" and Val Kilmer in bad drag.

Of course, the best part of this list is that I was no more than 12 years old when these movies came out and cannot be held responsible for any lapses in taste! What movies do you remember from being a kid?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...