20 August 2008

Finnish Surprises

Down the road

Way back in June, I attended a workshop in Maastricht where I learned bunches of stuff and met a group of wonderful people. One of them ended up becoming a last minute house guest. As far as house guests go, this one set a new standard as on his second evening with us he managed to whip up a perfectly amazing dinner: antipasto and "I'm not sure how good this is going to be" delicious asparagus carbonara. We chatted and as these things go, you learn about people. He mentioned that he played in a band and we expressed due enthusiasm.

A couple of weeks later, we got a gorgeous postcard with a "this is where I live" message on the back. I also got an email with a link to the band's myspace page. That's them in the video above. Cool, eh? When someone says a band, the blues is not what I think of. The disclaimer is that this was one of their first gigs, but me - I'm waiting for the Low Lands tour!

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful band. I enjoyed the video. I know you have his autograph. Having it before they "make it" will make it valuable.
    I'll Finnish now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...