06 April 2011

An Ideal Moment

I could have spent this afternoon doing something on my list. Let's see - there's the Summer blouse muslin, the pile of papers sitting on the desk begging for attention, moving pictures from camera to computer (always a chore), folding the laundry, emptying the dishwasher, putting away toys, or any other thing that seems generally mama-like and responsible. But I didn't. Peanut is off on an outing with his grandparents. I'm on my own with Pumpkin and she's a piece of cake so long as I wear her, so I recharged batteries instead.

Recharging involves a latte (I'm two days late on taking care of this reward), a bookstore trip (in which I buy nothing, of course), writing a lot, reading blogs and other interesting things on-line, and allowing my mind to wander. I have been allowing myself to explore the materials of a more creative life, but would like to help my brain shift gears as well. Some poking around lead to discovering Danny Gregory's Creative License which I now think I might have to read or at least own. I found a couple more amazing blogs to be inspired by: innner pickle and apples with honey. It's also possible that I need to challenge myself to open up and write or rather to open up when I write. It's funny to realize that you're being evasive even when you journal. Or maybe not evasive but certainly vague, ambiguous, general. I'd give you an example, but...

So this has turned into an ideal me moment. I've accomplished nothing but it feels like the world is one, no two shades rosier about now. And that while the sun's setting. Not bad at all.

1 comment:

  1. I applaud the recharging latte business. As for the opening up and being less vague/ambiguous/general business? Meh. I reckon the stuff that comes to you naturally is the best sort of writing. It's not like you need another chore...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...