12 October 2011

My Creative Space

Crafting on the Road
Last week, I showed off my little traveling bag – but the real secret is inside. This is the little bag full of big surprises. I made it last spring using the Weekend-away Travel Bag pattern from Heather Ross's Weekend Sewing. The stitching on the outside was inspired by this skirt I saw on the always entertaining Myrtle and Eunice blog. It's made with IKEA linen and quilting cotton, so it's very light weight and squishy. It was a bit fussy to make – I'm not sure I agree with her method for putting the lining together – but it came out nicely.
Crafting on the Road
And it is big. I mean really a big bag. I fit loads of stuff into this bag and can still open it wide enough to find what I need. Don't you love the mushroom print? So adorable.
Crafting on the Road
This is what I fit into the bag – plus the occasional folded-up, written all over, printed out pattern. There are a lot of knitting needles. Someone who lives in my house asked me once why I keep buying more. We sigh, we shake our heads – they'll never understand. Anyway, I think I've used just about everything here at least once. Except the gray yarn I bought to darn socks. Darn socks. The red square thing is my Pinocchio tape measure. You pull the nose. Who doesn't need that?

What's in your bag? What are your essentials?

Go see more creative spaces!

3 comments:

  1. Which bag do you mean??? lol
    Love your stitching x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it, we all need a bag like that LOL! Lovely stitching on the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that book sitting on my shelf, and I really need a bag for my knitting stuffs. I have a roll-up for bigger needles and bits and pieces which is lovely, but I find I need something smaller to take with me - just the essentials. Right now, I'm using a plastic baggie (gasp!). Love the Ikea fabric

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...