18 December 2006

Brand new pet peeve...

The title looks like I could be selling a new stuffed animal (that walks and talks) for Christmas this year. In fact, I am correcting exams. Great fun, whatever they tell you, fun from start to finish!

To make it more fun and exciting, one of my (lovely) students put a handy dandy abbreviation guide on the first page of student's exam. Meaning instead of writing out words, student invented abbreviations just for student's exam that I get to look up in the handy dandy guide. Next time, hopefully student will just write out the words! I have no desire to experience correcting papers as an educational experience in handy dandy abbreviations.

Note to self: it is possible to over use the phrase "handy dandy." Shocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...