05 June 2007

Mail Seed

Over at Inhabitat, they posted about a flower postages stamp that the Dutch postal service has developed. Kinda cute, actually. Too bad they didn't advertise it here. This reminds me of the scratch and sniff postage stamps I heard about to celebrate the Chinese New Year this year. I think it was China who came out with a scratch and sniff stamp that smelled like barbecued pork! In that case they should just switch to scratch and lick - the front side, of course.

It must be a cool job, to sit around and dream of funky things to do with postage stamps. I read an article in the New York Times last week that suggested that (my) daydreaming might not actually be wasting time. This was fairly reassuring since I think I was reading it in the middle of the day with my ever present pile of work to do. The gist of the article is that productivity cannot always be measured in terms of number of hours worked. It's reassuring for those of us who are not particularly talented in the sit-in-a-chair- and-get-it-done department.

There are a lot of people out there blogging and writing about productivity. It's a popular topic probably because the people who are writing about it are the same people who are having a hard time figuring out how to measure their own productivity and think that maintaining a blog is one way to do that. I don't know that I agree, but it's another thing to think about. Far more entertaining than thinking about that pile of exams and assignments. ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...