07 May 2008

April Reading

My April reading list may elicit some comments, but you can't say I didn't warn you! This much honesty may be very bad for my reputation...

April 2008
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

It was actually quite fun to read them all in order. Apparently I've read them just in time as Harry Potter has fallen off the bestseller lists for the first time in ten years. All that reading did lead me to one question, though. Well, at least one. At what point did the movies start influencing the books, if at all? There's a scene where Ron is described as the tallest of the three (Harry, Hermione, and Ron). Was that an idea that originated with Rowling or a reflection of the fact that the actor Rupert Grint is in fact taller than Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson? This could keep me busy for days...

1 comment:

  1. Hmm . . . interesting question about the movies influencing the book. I hadn't thought of it before. I haven't reread HP, so who knows maybe one month my reading may look like that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...