01 June 2009

The Selected Works of T.S. Spivet

The Selected Works of T.S. Spivet The Selected Works of T.S. Spivet by Reif Larsen


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
I loved this book. Think of it as Harriet the Spy for the new millennium. The story of a young boy from Montana who likes nothing better than to record his life in precious notebooks. His records take the form of intricate and beautiful maps that are featured in the book as sidebars and notes. I originally bought this book because it was fun to look at. I'm recommending it (and sending copies to friends) because it's also a great story. I didn't read anything about it before starting, so this review stops here. Read it, be surprised, and I bet you'll end up adoring it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...