21 April 2010

Time and lost manuscripts

 


I suddenly have a lot of time on my hands. Well, a lot of time for a working mom who's trying to write a PhD and move to another country. The house is sold. The green card is taken care of. We're starting to make progress on a place in Chicago, and thanks to the ash cloud (or Ash Attack) means my husband's home on a working vacation instead of in Peru. I feel like one of those cartoon characters who runs off the cliff. My legs are still running, but there's nothing left! Luckily, I'm not having a Wile E. Coyote landing.

On the contrary. It turns out I had a missing manuscript! Earlier this week I met with my PhD supervisor and she pronounced a chapter finished. The only catch is it was a chapter I had completely forgotten about, written two years ago. If I remember correctly (and let's say I'm not very reliable right now), it was my first pass at the chapter and I thought it was too descriptive, shelved it, and wrote something else. What a terrific find. Suddenly, I've got even more time on my hands.

Oh - and the picture? Perplexed. And who doesn't enjoy a picture of a baby with a funny face? They're so much more fun than the beautiful smiles!

1 comment:

  1. hurray for extra time! i'm still trying to get a photo of snowball's dissolving lower lip, but it tends to turn into a wail before i can get the camera!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...