08 May 2011

Mother's Day


There was a surprise on the camera last week. This grandma and Peanut are special buddies. They spent a lot of time together this spring, partly because grandma came to visit for six weeks. She took amazing care of our whole family and the dinner guests we invited as well.

This is my mama. She taught me to sew, crochet, and knit. She's a great cook. She's a fearless traveler. She's kind, generous, adventurous, and fun. She's also a bit wicked (that's a warning to those of you who really believe she never plays poker). She can talk to anyone and taught me that "the road is in your mouth," which means you can always ask if you need to know something. She is always there for me when I need it. That's now with kids and years ago when she flew to DC to take care of me when I had my wisdom teeth taken out.

I've taken her for granted too many times and am sure to do it again in the future. But today, for just a moment - thank you, mom. And by the way, aren't I lucky to have a reminder of her good looks at home every day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...