22 June 2009

Shocking Review

I am saddened to report that the New York Times Book Review and I have are in total disagreement about The Selected Works of T.S. Spivet. The book review I read today, written by Ginia Bellafante, criticizes author Rief Larsen for the very things I admire, namely the way he combined visual and written work. That which I find inspiring, Ms. Bellafante finds tiresome. All I can say is that I'm glad that the book came to me long before the review entered my gmail inbox - and in the end, we have to follow our own feelings about things like books.

As a side note, if you have some time to kill (and don't we all?), the book has a great website!

Have any of you read The Selected Works? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...